CTDC11 Presenter Terms & Conditions
Presenter (Oral/Poster) agrees to adhere to the following terms and conditions upon registering as a presenter for the respective continuing education course, symposium, workshop and forum at CTDC11.
Last day of abstract submission: 31st MARCH 2021
Last day for presenter to pay conference fee: 30th APRIL 2021
Last day of Oral Presentation Video (mp4 file) or Digital Poster (pdf file) submission: 14th MAY 2021
A. General conditions
- Abstracts must be submitted in English within the stipulated deadlines.
- Acceptance of a paper for oral or poster presentation is at the sole discretion of the CTDC11 Secretariat.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the CTDC11 abstract book.
B. Presenting Author, Registration and Submission
- The presenting author must register and submit the abstract via the CTDC11 webpage before the deadline.
- The presenting author shall present only one oral paper presentation but may co-author multiple abstracts as non-presenting author.
C. Preparation of Abstract
- It is important to ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors. You are encouraged to have your abstract checked/corrected by a native English proof-reader before submission.
- The title should be as brief as possible but enough to clearly indicate the nature of the paper.
- The abstract should not be in one paragraph and should not include Tables or Figures. It should contain the following components: Introduction/Background, Objective, Methods, Results and References.
- The abstract word limit is 500 words.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- Presenting author biography must be provided together with the abstract via the CTDC11 website.
D. Notice of Acceptance/ Rejection and Payment of Registration Fee
- The CTDC11 Secretariat will review the submitted abstract.
- Please keep the presenting author’s email up-to-date to ensure receipt of acceptance/rejection.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to the presenting author.
- Acceptance of the abstract obligates the author to pay the registration fee and present the abstract in the assigned poster or oral presentation session.
- Upon receiving the notification of acceptance, the presenting author must pay the registration fee before the deadline.
- The CTDC11 Secretariat reserves the right to exclude any abstract that is not followed by payment by the presenting author before the stipulated deadlines.
- Withdrawal as presenting author of an abstract accepted by the CTDC11 Secretariat must be made within 14 days from the date of the acceptance notice.
- Studies on human and/or animal subjects and genetic modifications should have been performed in accordance with the respective national and international legislations and ethical guidelines. The CTDC11 Secretariat reserves the right to reject submitted abstracts that are believed to be non-compliant to these legislations and guidelines.
- Any study that is sponsored by organizations or foundations that promote the tobacco industry or its interests will not be accepted.
E. Submission of the Presentation Material
- Upon successful payment of the registration fee, the presenting author based on the notice of acceptance is required to upload the pre-recorded video of the slide presentation in the form of mp4 file not exceeding 20 minutes, for the oral presentation. For the poster presentation, the presenting author must upload a pdf file with color image in A3 size poster with file size up to 10Mb.
- The pre-recorded presentation file or the digital poster file should be submitted by the presenting author before the deadline.
You will find the abstract template and the author biography template here.
For all enquiries regarding the terms and conditions, please contact the CTDC11 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org